What’s a better way to shop than after hours and with champagne in hand? Fashion’s Night Out is back for its third yearly installment and globally has grown to epic proportions. On September 8th, rub elbows with your favorite stars and celebs as you mingle with fellow fashionista shoppers. Don’t pass up on the chance to meet-and-greet with designers and snag the limited edition items specially made for the shopping event of the season.
Anna Wintour of Vogue, in collaboration with the CFDA, originally created FNO to kick off New York Fashion Week and to give the economy a boost. So, do your patriotic part and inject a little shopaholic stimulus into the economy.
Our editors have rounded up the Best Bets for FNO 2011 in Dallas:
1) Highland Park Village –
Local runway producer extraordinaré, Jan Strimple is producing two catwalk shows featuring a myriad of the hautest designers and stores in HPV. Ogle the models and fashionable wares from a prime spot by Marquee Grill at 7PM and 9PM, but in the downtime, hop on over for some in-store experiences—
- Remember to play nice at Jimmy Choo, as they introduce the newest fashion blog on the block, D Magazine’s StyleSheet, complete with snacks and libations from 6pm to 10pm.
- If you’re in the market for diamonds, scoot on over to Harry Winston’s for a tempting mix of the three deadly C’s – champagne, chocolates, and carats.
- Let all five senses run wild over at Diane von Furstenberg’s fete. Partake in some eye catching FlipBook fun, waft the latest DVF fragrance, put your hands all over a special gift with purchase, and of course taste some cocktails and hor d’ourves while listening to a DJ spin some sweet tunes.
- Take a red soled step back into a different era at Christian Louboutin, where the lux boutique turns into a vintage hair parlor and wig shop in partnership with Frederic Fekkai from 5pm to 8pm. As they say, the bigger the hair, the closer to… Christian?
- If you’re still tangled up in knots over how to tie that damn turban trend, head over to Hermes for some scarf-tying demonstrations. Maybe you’ll pick up a few new tricks while you definitely pick up a champagne buzz.
- Treat your fingers to a mini mani from Chanel featuring the exclusive Les Jeans de Chanel collection. Run, don’t walk in your sky-high stilletos to purchase these coveted and very limited edition nail polish colors.
2) Galleria Dallas –
Do you remember rainy Halloweens where your Mom took you to the mall to trick-or-treat? FNO at the Galleria is kind of like that, except a million times better. Substitute the candy for hor d’ourves, costumes for couture, and join The Fashionistas for a toast in the Champagne Lounge. The prestigious fashion group is hosting the event featuring a plethora of mini-parties in each store.
Watch those long model legs take stride on apparently the longest runway in North America. The multiplicity Strimple (no really, how many shows can she produce in one evening?) is bringing on the pain to those poor models as they strut Fall fashions down the full quarter-mile of stores. Plus, Saks Fifth Avenue hosts Robert Graham’s founder and CEO Robert Stock.
3) Neiman Marcus NorthPark Center –
Fashion bloggers Bradley Agather, Alison Gross, Amber Venz and Krystal Schlegel put their pretty blonde minds together to style a runway event, but scurry on over because only the first 100 will have seats. For those with tuneful ears, DJs Jennifer Miller and Paul Paredes will be providing the evening’s soundtrack and Petty Theft performs. Each department will feature a mini-event, so many surprises are abound.
Ladies, let your men loose on Level 1, where they can imbibe on Scotch and puff on hand-rolled cigars while even getting a little Jack Black mini facial pampering. Those feeling crafty can DIY a pair of Hanky Panky panties in celebration of the brand’s birthday. If you still haven’t jumped on the the hair feathering bandwagon then FNO is you’re lucky night to add some plumes to your coiff. Get snap-happy with the photo booth or go hunting around on the Beauty Event scavenger and, of course, cocktails, light bites, and tunes by DJ OB-Jen and Juice.
4) Stanley Korshak –
For those in search of a stiffer drink, The Shak isn’t fooling around. Cocktails from Patron Tequila and Ultimat Vodka will have you reaching for your wallet as famed New York design duo, Sachin + Babi send their wares down the runway. Be sure to take a up close and personal look at the offerings at the trunk show. Those feeling lucky could win a dress in the raffle and don’t forget to take home special gifts with purchase. Remember to pad your drinking with some of the light bites and try not to party shuffle too hard to DJ Wish FM.
5) 4510 –
Hollywood heads down South as 4510 partners with LA-based retailer, Decades for a pop-up shop that lasts until September 10th. Owners of the famed LA boutique and soon-to-be Bravo TV stars, Cameron Silver and Christos Garkinos, will making a special public announcement. Catch the latest A-list gossip as you purchase their vintage and designer couture garb.
Sara Beltran of Dezso will be here debuting her latest collection. Enjoy cocktails courtesy of Belvedere and Moet, and music from Dallas’ most fashionable DJ, Lucy Wrubel.
6) Tootsies –
If you haven’t gotten enough of your reality TV fill, Most Eligible Dallas stars Drew Ginsburg and Tara Harper will be hosting an evening of live music, featured brands, and special appearances from designer, David Peck and jewelry designer, Jill Reno. But we really know you want to press Drew for his weight-loss (not-so) secrets and applaud Tara for her charity work with dogs and geriatric dating.