Pantone announced the new color for 2011, Honeysuckle, dethroning Turquoise from its previous year’s reign. Here are seven pairs of shades in a eye-catching color to keep you ahead of the curve.
No need to sing the blues as we move into the New Year with a bold, confident, and courageous color fit for every day life in a not-so-ordinary way. Honeysuckle, a reddish pink filled with verve and vigor, is a color for all seasons. It adds a healthy hint of glow to the face, while giving a perk to any outfit with it’s striking hue.
“In times of stress, we need something to lift our spirits. Honeysuckle is a captivating, stimulating color that gets the adrenaline going – perfect to ward off the blues,” explains Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “Honeysuckle derives its positive qualities from a powerful bond to its mother color red, the most physical, viscerally alive hue in the spectrum.”
So now, you can literally be seeing life through some rose-colored lenses.
- Guess ($68) – A rimless look with a gradient fade and jeweled temples for a flashy and fun pair.
- Mosley Tribes ($145) – Classic oval shape and blue fade lenses with a pop of pink edges to spice things up.
- Dolce & Gabbana ($315) – Tired of the same old tortoise shell, revive and vamp it up with a fem twist on tortoise.
- D&G ($134.95) – Not ready to jump on the Honeysuckle bandwagon? Try these aviators with a hint of color.
- Juicy Couture ($98) – Playful, yet casually chic with a peace sign emblem at the temple for a little fashion flair.
- Prada ($245) – Timeless tradition meets contemporary colors, let your ladylike self run a little wild with this pair.
- Ray-Ban ($119.95) – Break out of the bland, and make a stand with these fun colored Wayfarers.